Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Turkey and Mushroom Chili

Who doesn't love Chili on those cold winter nights? This is a very simple and hearty chili with plenty of flavor. It's ALWAYS better the second day! You can serve this with cheese or Greek yogurt. It's also delicious with crackers!

For the 21 Day Fixers--Each Serving accounts for 1 Red, 1 and 1/2 Green and 1/2 Yellow (If you add cheese it would be also 1 Blue, and if you add Greek Yogurt it would be an additional 1/4 Red!)

Turkey and Mushroom Chili:
8 Servings; 185 calories each

Ingredients:

1 and 1/2 tsp olive oil
1lb ground turkey
1 onion, chopped
2 cups water
1 (28oz) can low sodium crushed tomatoes
1 (16oz) can kidney beans
1 package mushrooms (optional)
1 tbsp garlic, minced
2 tbsp chili powder
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp black pepper

Directions:

1. Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. 
2. Place turkey in the pot, and cook until evenly brown. 
3. Chop up and stir in onion/mushrooms and cook until tender.
4. Pour water into the pot. 
5. Mix in tomatoes, kidney beans, and garlic. 
6. Add all seasonings.
7. Bring to a boil. 
8. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 30 minutes.

ALL DONE! 

If you want you can serve this with cheese on top or Greek yogurt! YUM! :)

Let me know what you think!

12 comments :

  1. click here automaketing helps online 2018 blogmaketing chat help login here here apps shopify live chathere
    .Dont hesitate to dowload and use it you will be pretty amazed with the results.This one is perfect for thr people who complains that they dont get time for doing workouts,download it and enjoy #keep loving your body

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm fond of your sharing. They are useful.I can make use of them when I'm in trouble. I wait for next posts. Thank you so much. emailwithloveapp2018 email with love

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is also a very good post which I really enjoyed reading. It is not everyday that I have the possibility to see something like this Create Discount master
    Product discount master

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was very surprised with this post, the writer really impressed me and helped me understand many things needed, I need to acquire it and change to be able to succeed in life, thanks a lot
    https://autoketing.com/project/sale-pop-master, https://apps.shopify.com/sales-pop-master, autoketing.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, i am really surprised with the idea of ??the article, it turned out long ago I and a lot of people have misunderstood about the issue, maybe I should visit it often.
    Shipping Bar for Shopify, shopify app free shipping bar, autoketing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kitchen cabinets have been popular in Vietnam for many years, also one of the first materials used for kitchen cabinets. Natural wood cabinets bring luxury, warm with typical wood, in this respect, not any cabinet can compare with natural wood cabinets. There are many types of wood with high durability and cheap price such as oak wood, oak wood, ... these are the most common types used to design kitchen cabinets.
    Gái gọi Kim Mã, Gái gọi Trần Duy Hưng, Gái gọi cao cấp sài gòn, Gái gọi sài gòn, Gái gọi biên hòa

    ReplyDelete
  7. The real life has changed and evolved a lot, people have also got the modern and more modern perception, let's discuss it together.
    facebook chat downloader, facebook chat, best autoketing

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like this post because it contains a lot of useful information to read, maybe everyone will like me.
    Color Road games free online, Gold Diggers Adventure play games now, Super World Adventure games boys

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for posting themThese articles are exactly what I need.They are my cup of tea. I hope you will add more posts.
    play Battle for the Galaxy Break The Cup For boy Toon Cup 2017

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for posting them.The articles bring insight and knowledge.Keep your work. I want to read more articles from you. They are so great.
    Kick The Buddy game for kids free game Def Island Real Flight Simulator best game for free

    ReplyDelete

  11. food games
    play basketball games
    soccer games play
    The author of this post is very talented, I greatly admire you, hope you will succeed in the next post. I would love to keep track of your posts, It is really a useful source of information, wish you success.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your blog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon! 2player best free online games
    friv Games to play
    io jogos for school

    ReplyDelete