Wednesday, August 19, 2015

My Top 10 Tips for Eating Healthy on a Budget!


Lets be real, we are ALL on a budget. If I had it my way I would have my own LIVE in Chef who ALSO did all the Grocery Shopping. Since I'm not living the high life (yet :P), lets get back to reality. I have to skimp and save WHEREVER I can too!

I get a lot of "Eating Healthy is expensive. I cant afford that!" I wont lie and say that eating healthy is CRAZY cheap and you're just missing a key piece of the puzzle. BUT, what I can tell you is that you will pay one way or another. If you continue to eat processed, food like products then you will EVENTUALLY be paying to correct the side effects it has on your body. #PayTheFarmerOrPayTheDoctor #YourChoice


Yes, It can cost more money up front but DON'T worry! I'm going to share with you my Top 10 tips for eating healthy on a budget.


1. Make your Grocery List BEFORE you shop!


I spend considerably less when I shop with a grocery list. When I just try to wing it, my grocery bill is higher, and I buy unnecessary items. Not to mention, if I don't plan out the WHOLE week I forget or miss certain items causing me to return to the grocery store & waste even MORE money.


2. Don't shop when you're HUNGRY!


Going Grocery Shopping when you're hungry is a BIG no-no! Not only are you willing to tear off and exchange your left arm for something tasty, but you are also willing to buy anything and EVERYTHING! This leaves you will LESS money and VERY tempting food that you have to NOW try and avoid the rest of the week. Just skip it ALL together!


3. Buy Frozen Produce OR shop the Local Food Stand!


Most of the time foods in the produce section AREN'T actually as fresh as frozen produce. That’s because most frozen foods are frozen at the peak of ripeness, thereby preserving the food when it’s packed with the most nutrients. Fresh produce is usually harvested before it’s 100% ripe, and then spend a few days in the shipping process before they get to your grocery store and into your kitchen. If you aren't too keen on the whole frozen food thing, you can always shop the Local Food Stand! They are almost ALWAYS cheaper than the Grocery Store and it ALSO gives back to your local community! #WINWIN


4. Buy produce IN Season!


When you do buy fresh produce, make sure it’s in season. Prices drop on produce when it’s in season. They usually taste better TOO!


5. Invest in a GOOD Meal Replacement, NOT a protein powder!


Meal Replacements are SUPER convenient & easy for "on the go-ers", but if you don't do your research you can come across some potentially dangerous rip offs. If it DOESN'T replace a WHOLE meal--rip off! If it DOESN'T keep you full for at LEAST 3 hours--rip off! If it DOESN'T include at LEAST one serving of veggies--rip off! If it requires you to take more than ONE a day OR has you taking additional supplements--rip off! If it CLAIMS that you can lose weight by ONLY drinking it, NOT changing your eating habits or ADDING in exercise--rip off!  You get it! Do YOUR research! #Shakeology is an AMAZING #MealReplacement that I use everyday! Not to mention by favorite one taste like a reeses peanut butter cup! ❤


6. Cook in LARGER portions & freeze!


This tip saves time and money. Cook large batches of your favorite freezable meals like soups, pasta sauces, and other one-dish dinners. This a no brainer! #SorryNotSorry


7. Keep an organized Pantry & Fridge!


Organize, clean out, and take inventory of your pantry and refrigerator on a regular basis. This helps you reduce food waste and remember what you already have on hand. Before I make my weekly menu and grocery list, I always “shop my kitchen” first, and try to create recipes that build on what I already have in stock. This also keeps me from buying something at the grocery store that I already have at home in the back of the pantry.


8. Meal prep at LEAST once/Week!


I could have named this tip “don’t eat at restaurants,” but that’s not the real problem. If I find myself eating out a lot, it’s because I don’t have any meals prepared at home. When I meal prep (that just means making your meals ahead of time for the week, or sometimes even the month), I not only save time, but I save a ton of money that I would otherwise be spending at restaurants.


9. Stick with SIMPLE Recipes!


I love experimenting with new, healthy foods. But when the budget is tight, I can’t afford to buy five new spices and three new grains for one recipe. If I could, I’d make the most delicious, extravagant foods all the time and post them on Instagram in the most eye catching fashion possible BUT #AintNobodyGotTimeForDat! And that’s okay. Stick with recipes that require just a few, inexpensive ingredients. Check out my Clean Eating Recipes! They are ALSO #21DayFix approved!


10. Skip the Beverages!


This tip is equally for your health as it is for your budget. Beverages like juice, soda, beer, and wine should be considered treats and not staples. I like a good alcoholic beverage (or 2) as much as the next person, but the hidden calories are NOT something your wallet or your health needs. Honestly, just by cutting back on the unnecessary calories ALONE you will start to see the pounds FALL off!


Hope this helps guys!


-Your favorite fun-loving food ENTHUSIAST,


Ali

13 comments :

  1. People here complain too much. This is the best app for exercise without equipment. This is planned and get harder with number of days we do regularly . This has given difficult mode too for us,if so much concern anyone has, do the pro mode. This is a life changer if done regularly and surely the best fit free I have completed 1minth challenge.awesome feeling https://autoketing.com/ https://blog.autoketing.com/ https://autoketing.com/facebook-chat-box/ https://apps.shopify.com/facebook-chat-box

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a liking for your articles.After reading them, I get more information and knowledge. Please update more posts. Once again thank you.
    bestemailwithlove emailwithloveapp

    ReplyDelete
  3. The method of execution is really impressive of writers of this blog. This team does really work hard and brings new information to its readers. Discount master app
    Product discount master

    ReplyDelete
  4. The real life has changed and evolved a lot, people have also got the modern and more modern perception, let's discuss it together.
    https://autoketing.com/project/sale-pop-master, https://apps.shopify.com/sales-pop-master, app autoketing

    ReplyDelete
  5. The article is really close to the current state of life, people should share it together so that more people know it, it's great !!!
    Free shipping bar, App Shipping Bar Master, autoketing

    ReplyDelete
  6. The color of the oak wood is from light to almost white. The heartwood varies in color from brown to light brown to light brown to brown. In general, the wood is straight, big, rough. After having been treated technically, wood has a high moisture resistance and resistance to water-resistant termite so it is absolutely safe to use. make kitchen cabinets.
    Gái gọi Nha Trang, gái gọi Thanh Xuân, gái gọi Phố Cổ - Quán Sứ, Gái gọi Hồ Tùng Mậu

    ReplyDelete
  7. It would be nice if a lot of people discuss this article together, it has a lot of different aspects and I think everyone will have a new way of approaching it.
    autoketing
    sales pop master free
    sales pop master app

    ReplyDelete
  8. You must be a kind people because you share your knowledge through articles.They contain pieces of advice.I wish you best things in life.
    autoketing app facebook inbox facebook help chat

    ReplyDelete
  9. Much thanks for this valuable article. I like it. Will come back again, Im taking your feed also, Thanks.Much thanks for this valuable article. Some genuinely interesting info , well written and loosely user pleasant.
    best game Battle for the Galaxy Game Break The Cup free game Battle for the Galaxy

    ReplyDelete
  10. food games online
    basketball game
    soccer free games
    Much thanks for this valuable article. I like it. Will come back again, Im taking your feed also, Thanks.Much thanks for this valuable article. Some genuinely interesting info , well written and loosely user pleasant.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I learn some new stuff from it too, thanks for sharing your information.More new Update and I Already Read your Recent Post its Great Thanks
    miniclip pool , a10 games for kid, Jogos grátis

    ReplyDelete
  12. jogo io jogar
    frivgame 2019
    2player games for kids
    its an incredible joy perusing your post.Its brimming with data I am searching for and I want to post a remark that "The substance of your post is magnificent" Great work.

    ReplyDelete

  13. Pizza Ninja 3
    100 Golf Balls
    World Cup Kicks
    I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.

    ReplyDelete