Friday, March 31, 2017

Slow Cooker Appie Pie Steel Cut Oats


Apple Pie Steel Cut Oatmeal is easy to throw in the slow cooker before bed for an effortless breakfast the next day…and with a special, no-stirring-required trick, you won’t have to worry about burnt edges in the morning!

Ingredients:
  • cup steel cut oats (no substitutes!)
  • 2 medium apples, peeled & diced (about 2 1/2 cups)
  • 2 cups apple juice
  • 2 cups milk
  • 1/4 to 1/2 cup maple syrup
  • 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
  • 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • Optional garnishes: cinnamon, chopped nuts
Instructions:
  1. Locate an oven-safe, not-too-shallow baking dish (such as Corningware or Pyrex) that will fit in your slow cooker. In the baking dish, place oats, diced apples, apple juice, milk, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt; stir to combine. Carefully place baking dish down in slow cooker and slowly pour water into the bottom of the slow cooker until its level is about 1 inch below the top of the baking dish. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours. Stir before serving.
Notes:
You may leave the skin on the apples, if you wish.
I use a 2.5-liter round Corningware baking dish in a 6.5-quart slow cooker. It's okay if your baking dish is suspended by its sides on the edges of the slow cooker and doesn't touch the bottom...the lid of the slow cooker just needs to be able to close securely.
Once the oatmeal is cooked, be careful stirring it or removing the baking dish from the slow cooker as the water in the slow cooker will be extremely hot.


rs.

7 comments :

  1. I usually wait for your pieces of writing. Thanks to your sharing, I can enrich my knowledge.Those are what I want to know.I'm thankful if you can upload more posts later.
    currency converter app download best app currency converter

    ReplyDelete
  2. The articles contain plenty of knowledge and information.I hope you will add more posts.I want to send a thank to you. Of course, I wish that you will write and share many posts.
    autoketing
    Discount master
    Discount master app

    ReplyDelete
  3. The articles contain plenty of knowledge and information.I hope you will add more posts.I want to send a thank to you. Of course, I wish that you will write and share many posts.
    autoketing
    sales pop master
    sales pop master online

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work!.
    y8 games unblocked
    friv3play games unblocked
    friv5 games unblocked

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work!.
    rise up up games
    snail bob 7 fantasy story free
    red ball 5 online

    ReplyDelete
  6. You there, this is really good post here. Thanks for taking the time to post such valuable information. Quality content is what always gets the visitors coming. jogo io
    2 player games for girl
    friv 4 game

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am unable to read articles online very often, but I’m glad I did today. This is very well written and your points are well-expressed. Please, don’t ever stop writing
    friv jogos online
    jogos online 2019
    friv jogos 4 school online

    ReplyDelete