Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Meal Prep like a BOSS!

Weekly Meal Prep:



I spend a few hours every Sunday prepping for the week.Honestly, I hate it. I don't think i'll ever enjoy it but when you're on a mission and live a CRAZY busy life...you do what you have to do.

The purpose: NOT relying on convenience food-regardless of what happens during the busy week.
■ I assemble 3-4 (a good number for a family is 8-10) meals in containers: chicken breast, organic steamed broccoli/brussels, brown rice…or something similar, so that a nutritious meal is always within reach. These are for my "oh shit" days. But for the most part I have time to put a few things together FROM everything that i've prepped/prepared. Please keep in mind...I am just ONE person. So if you're prepping for more than one...adjust accordingly.
■ Grill or bake a ton of hormone free chicken breasts.  Freeze half, place the other half in single baggies for quick meals. I typically do several different kinds of seasons/marinades  to offer variety throughout the week. ((You do NOT have to eat this chicken plain. In a pinch I do but when I have more time...I use it for salads, wraps, in eggs, the possibilities are ENDLESS...you just have to think OUTSIDE the box :P ))


■ I like to bake halibut or salmon while my chicken is on the grill. Fish goes into a large glass sealed container, to be eaten within 48 hours. BUT, if you're to get the MOST our of ONE time meal prepping...skip the fish OR plan on the second half of your week not including fish.
■ I boil 2 dozen eggs (double if you're prepping for several people). This makes mornings easy! Try pre-peeling the shells to make it even simpler! Again..you do NOT have to eat these plain. You can add them to salads, make deviled eggs, egg salad etc.
■ Green Tea is pre-brewed & refrigerated in a glass sealed container. I am cool with just water ALL day, ERRday but I know that most arent. Green tea is not only great for your metabolism but it will break up the monotany of water all day long.
■ I rinse berries & store in glass jars (let air dry first). The glass jars allow them to be kept fresh longer. A quick go to for fruit-->>apples because they last FOREVER. I have found that if the berries/grapes are truly ready to grab & eat, I use them faster. I’m more likely to throw them on oatmeal, or as a snack if they are ready. It's better to buy fresh fruit that is NOT quite ripe as they will last longer that way as well. As far as cost goes, go to a FOOD Stand! You will save a TON of $. Fresh is ALWAYS preferred to frozen and canned. Canned is a NO-NO. 
■  “Glass Jar Salads” Prep & EAT for 5 days! Ingredients must be dry. Moisture is the enemy. Vinaigrette at the bottom-chopped veggies in the middle/greens on top. Folded paper towel at the very top (before lid) absorbs moisture. This is ALSO an amazing trick for a spinach container :)

■ Pre chop or dice celery, cucumber, zucchini, peppers, carrots, green beans, etc. Quick meal prep all week! Again...use glass containers to keep fresh longer WITH a paper towel to absorb moisture. Also, fresh vs. frozen. Canned is DEF a NO-NO. Go to food stands or WORST case scenario go frozen for cost effectiveness.
■ Sliced lemon wedges-always ready to use, if lemon is your thing. 
■ In the freezer you will find: An entire shelf of frozen/peeled bananas (smoothies & banana ice-cream), frozen fruit, frozen grapes for snacks, berries, frozen broccoli, frozen green beans. Frozen precooked shrimp (stir fry in minutes) Frozen cooked & shredded chicken (soup & chicken tacos). Ground lean turkey (precooked). Salmon filets. ALL of these are either grab and go OR can me cooked/reheated in less than just a few mins!

It does take 2-3 hours to complete, BUT the entire week ahead is 10x easier! Also, stay tuned because I'll additionally be creating blog posts for individual recipe/food category MASS meal prep ideas!

Put on some music, have the kids help, after a few weeks you’ll be a PRO!

Hope this gives you an idea or two! Bring on 2017! Our next 30 Day Clean Eating Challenge is starting soon.

If you want to feel the healthy results of simply eating REAL, RAW FOOD everyday for a month, then I would LOVE to work with you. 

For more info click HERE

♡ Ali



15 comments :

  1. Ali- this is awesome! It takes the stress and thinking about dinner away!! Keep rocking it, girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your idea of having chicken with in eggs and salads are really awesome. Thanks for sharing such wonderful info. I get my meals from
    Healthy Meal Delivery Los Angeles generally. But i am gonna try your methods too. preparing meals by myself is what i always wished for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Positive site. where did u come up with the information on this posting? These kind of articles keeps the clients enthusiasm for the site, and continue sharing more ... positive conditions. facebook help chat facebook chat support. autoketing.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fantastic website and I can not recommend you guys enough. I really appreciate your post. It is very helpful for all the people on the web
    Discount master by autoketing, Discount master by autoketing 2018, autoketing

    ReplyDelete
  5. From the very first words that attracted me and drew my attention to your post, it was great !!!
    currency converter free, currency converter portable, best autoketing app

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that thanks for the valuabe information and insights you have so provided here.
    Games of friv10games club, kizi-2018 Games girl, jogos gogy xyz

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know this website gives quality dependent content and extra information, is there any other web page which presents these kinds of things in quality?
    Happy Wheels Game
    The-light-temple-fireboy-and-watergirl-2 Game
    Jelly-go Game

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you very much for writing such an interesting article on this topic. This has really made me think and I hope to read more.
    dynamons world club , my friend pedro club Games to play , pixel gun apocalypse 3 ,

    ReplyDelete
  9. This pass practice is commonly costly as professional web developers can warfare you each and every share of one from a hundred bucks to thousands of dollars, depending not in the isolate away away off from how perplexing you nonappearance your website to be
    Games Flyordieio
    Free Dynamons evolution
    Crayon shinchan adventure online

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.
    mr dubstep online , moto x3m 4 winter best online games , santa claus jumpgames to play ,

    ReplyDelete
  11. Positive site. where did u come up with the information on this posting?I have read a few of the articles on your website now. and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work
    bob the robber 4 japan games , fireboy and watergirl 4 online games to play , free mario banzai ,

    ReplyDelete
  12. It’s the best time to make some plans for the future and it’s time to be happy. I’ve read this post and if I could I desire to suggest you some interesting things or tips. Maybe you could write next articles referring to this article. I want to read even more things about it!
    Fire truck crazy race free
    Chicken invaders unblocked games
    Zombie run games online

    ReplyDelete

  13. food games online
    basketball free online
    soccer games
    I really thank you for the valuable info on this great subject and look forward to more great posts.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like this post because it contains a lot of useful information to read, maybe everyone will like me. I hope this post of yours will be more appreciated by it really excellent, i enjoyed it, thanks for posting it.
    kizi 4 girl games, friv jogos, pbs jocuri online

    ReplyDelete
  15. This was dinner tonight at our house... I am too tired some days to come up with fantastic or extravagant meal ideas, plus the kids don't eat my best meals anyways. Tonight I wanted them to get some good calories so I added sausage to the recipe. It's delicious and hearty and best of all, it's super easy.friv game 2020 || abcya4 ||friv games

    ReplyDelete